Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Friday 6 March 2009

A bionic eye has allowed a blind patient to see well enough to sort his socks and work the washing machine.

Bionic eye lets the blind see
article in the Telegraph

Extract:

"Ron, 73, is one of just three patients in the UK to be fitted with a bionic eye and after 30 years of being completely blind he can now see well enough to do the laundry.

The operation was carried out at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London seven months ago and Ron's sight has steadily improved since then.

He lost his sight in his 40s after suffering from a disease called retinitis pigmentosa but now thanks to the operations he is regaining some of his independence.

Ron, who has asked for his surname not to be disclosed, can now follow road markings, see flashes of coloured light and make out shades of grey.

Speaking to the BBC Inside Out programme, to be aired on Wednesday at 7.30pm, Ron said: "They said let there be light and there was light. For 30 years I've seen absolutely nothing at all. Its all been black but now light is coming through.

"It gives me grades of bright light to black and anything in between. I can actually sort out white socks, grey socks and black socks.

"It is a great privilege and an honour I think to be able to take part in an experiment such as this, hoping that the outcome is going to be able to bring sight to people like myself who are completely blind."

His wife Tracy said his increasing independence is a great help."

No comments:

Post a Comment