Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Sunday 24 February 2013

The Food Programme suggests that snacking may lead to high levels of diabetes

The Food Programme (BBC Radio 4) today suggests that snacking/grazing and convenient, bite-sized 'food on the go' may be causing increased weight and obesity, and may lead eventually to unsustainable levels of diabetes.

1 comment:

  1. Margaret, I listened to that, thanks for posting the link.
    Sadly things are only going to get worse. I'm at the stage with my diet that with totally avoiding grains and eating a high fat diet, paradoxically I am rarely hungry. I find it easy to fast for 24 hours, sometimes unintentionally. I realise that I'm an outlier. Most people are obsessed with food and snacking. Places like Costa Coffee are sought after as food reward treats by the majority. Sucking down lattés with a calorie loaded cake/bun is the norm. I'm trying to help a 20 something woman with her diet. She's piling on the pounds as I write this. She has a picture on her facebook page from when she was 18. You wouldn't think it was the same person!
    Ineffective weight loss strategies such as Weight Watchers and Slimming World are almost useless. Short term people lose weight but a year later they are heavier than when they started.
    It's all deck chair shuffling on The Titanic...
    I feel like the one eyed man in the land of the blind! I know I'm right but they will never be able to see!

    ReplyDelete