Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Wednesday 6 June 2007

The Nigerian government is suing the world's largest drug manufacturer, Pfizer, over trials of anti-meningitis drug that killed and disabled children

Nigeria sues Pfizer for £3.5bn over 'illegal' child drug trials - Guardian

Extract:

"The Nigerian government is suing the world's largest drug manufacturer, Pfizer, for £3.5bn in damages for allegedly carrying out illegal trials of an anti-meningitis drug that killed and disabled children.

The children died or suffered serious side effects when the antibiotic Trovan was administered in Kano during a meningitis outbreak in 1996.

The government of Kano, a northern state in Nigeria, also has civil and criminal cases pending against Pfizer.

The Nigerian authorities say 200 children were involved in the Trovan experiment, without the approval of local regulatory authorities. They allege that as many as 11 died because of the treatment and that others developed deformities, including brain damage and paralysis.

Trovan was approved in the US in 1997 for use by adults but not by children. Two years later the US Food and Drug Administration warned that the drug could cause liver damage. The medicine has since been discontinued."

A terrible tragedy...

And there are equal and lesser tragedies every day from prescription drugs...

There are so many pharmaceutical drugs that do terrible harm to patients, even when they have been fully tested and even when they have been being prescribed to patients for many years. - Prednisolone, another drug that Pfizer makes, harms many, many people in a host of ways - destroys their lives, in fact. As a steroid victim myself I have earned the right to give my opinion, and my opinion is this: pharmaceutical drugs do far, far, far more harm than good, and if you can possibly avoid taking them, I would advise that. - See http://aboutsalt.blogspot.com/search/label/dying%20patients and other blog entries I have made. - Have a look through my blog.

See also my website pages http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/steroids.html
http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/ami.html
http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment