Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Tuesday 11 July 2006

Sleaze in the Medical Profession

In the British newspaper, The Sunday Telegraph, last Sunday 9th July 2006, I read an report in the online edition, and it was headed: "Sleaze in the Medical Profession" and it began:

Doctors who take drug firm 'freebies' face being struck off
By Michael Day
(Filed: 09/07/2006)

Doctors who accept gifts or hospitality from drugs companies could be struck off.
Under revised rules, due to be published later this year, the General Medical Council (GMC) will warn doctors who take "freebies" from pharmaceutical companies that they may be putting their registration at risk. The GMC will also encourage doctors to blow the whistle on colleagues who are taking bribes from drug companies.


The report ends:

Dr Richard Nicholson, the editor of the Bulletin of Medical Ethics, said: "I'm afraid there is an awful lot of sleaze going on in the medical profession.
"If doctors are at risk of being disciplined, or even struck off, they are more likely to think twice about accepting money or gifts."


That there is widespread sleaze in the medical profession was not news to me, the writer of this blog. - I have been aware of it for many years...)o: - Many other damaged patients are all too aware that doctors care far more about money than about the well-being of their patients...)o:

No comments:

Post a Comment