Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Saturday 8 November 2008

Prednisone - Steroid-Induced Osteoporosis - Bones at risk!

Steroid-Induced Osteoporosis
Long-term use of prednisone could cost you the health of your bones.


I came across the website with the link above. It is very interesting and informative. Here you may read about steroids such as prednisone being prescribed to decrease inflammation during an acute flare-up of IBD. You may like to consider whether the potential harm from the prednisone is actually worth the relief of the inflammation. There is also information about statins and about risk factors in the formation of cataracts and the development of glaucoma.

If I had my time again, speaking for myself I'd avoid prescription drugs as though they were poison. - I'd put my trust in plenty of good nutritious food, no added salt and absolutely NO DIETING! But obviously we must all do what we think best.


I definitely don't recommend weak bones...)o: - I had a fall in August last year. - It wasn't a big fall but it made a real mess of my right arm, and delay in getting it operated on lost me the use of my right hand for months - and appalling pain - pain that hasn't gone... Guard your bones! - You won't get another set...

Calcium and vitamin D can help.

And you can also reduce the harm done by prednisone and other steroids by cutting out salt from your meals.

See Sodium in foods

and prescribed steroids and HRT

No comments:

Post a Comment