Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Friday 21 November 2008

A teenager, Naomi Haynes, who drank 50 cans of caffeine-laced energy drinks such as Red Bull a week, was warned her addiction could kill her.

Teenager collapsed after becoming addicted to Red Bull
article in the Telegraph

Extracts:

"Naomi Haynes, 14, became so dependent on the drinks that she would spend all her money on them and even borrow from friends to fund the habit.

"The drinks made me happy and I got a great buzz from them, but then I would feel tired and unhappy so I would have another drink to pick me up," said Miss Haynes, of East Cowes, Isle of Wight.

It got to the stage where she would smuggle them into class to stop her from falling asleep.

But she says she has now been warned by doctors that her addiction could lead to a heart attack."

"A spokesman for Red Bull said: "One 250 ml can of Red Bull Energy Drink contains about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee, which is 80mg. The consumption of Red Bull Energy Drink should therefore correspond to a person’s intake of coffee and the same is true for children. We do not recommend Red Bull Energy Drink to caffeine sensitive individuals including children."

No comments:

Post a Comment