Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Monday 30 July 2007

Discovery of two genes that increase the risk of multiple sclerosis

Multiple sclerosis genes uncovered - Telegraph

Extract:

"The discovery of two genes that increase the risk of multiple sclerosis has brought scientists closer to understanding the cause of the disease and could lead to the development of new treatments.

Two international teams of scientists have found that possessing defective variants of one of two genes increased the risk of MS by 20 to 30 per cent.

Dr Lee Dunster, head of research at the MS Society, said: "One of the great unknowns about MS is what causes it, and this looks like a welcome breakthrough in getting to grips with the genetics behind the disease.

"People with MS often worry whether it will affect their children, so a better understanding of the role of certain genes is good news."


MS can cause muscle weakness, vision loss and coordination problems, and is the most common disabling neurological disorder in young adults. It affects around 85,000 people in the UK.

The illness occurs when the body's immune system mistakenly attacks myelin - the protective sheath that surrounds nerve fibres."


Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
How to Lose weight!

See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/.html
(The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

See Sodium in foods and Associated health conditions

I can be contacted via my website if you need my further help. My help is free.


No comments:

Post a Comment