Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Thursday 19 July 2007

First bionic hand with bending fingers on sale in Britain

First bionic hand with bending fingers on sale - Telegraph

Extract:

"The world's "most sophisticated" bionic hand, with five motorised digits that move independently, has gone on sale in Britain.

Until now, amputees have been fitted with artificial hands that use a thumb and two fingers to produce a simple claw grip.


But the £8,500 i-LIMB robotic hand, invented in Britain, not only looks like the real thing but allows patients to control five motorised fingers separately using tiny muscle movements picked up by sensors attached to the forearm.

It can be used for delicate movements, including typing, peeling a banana, turning a key in a lock and picking up a paper cup without crushing it.

David Gow, the director of rehabilitation engineering services at NHS Lothian, who invented the hand, said it was the first limb on the market that had "bending fingers, just like your own hand".

One British man and 13 amputees in the United States have been fitted with the device during extensive trials, and it has now been made available to private individuals and on the NHS."


Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
How to Lose weight!

See my website http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/.html
(The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

See Sodium in foods and Associated health conditions

I can be contacted via my website if you need my further help. My help is free...

No comments:

Post a Comment