Lose weight by eating less salt! - Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website
Wilde About Steroids

Read my Mensa article on Obesity and the Salt Connection

Read my Mensa article on Cruelty, Negligence and the Abuse of Power in the NHS: Fighting the System

Read about the cruel treatment I suffered at the Sheffield Dental Hospital: Long In The Toothache

You can contact me by email from my website. The site does not sell anything and has no banners, sponsors or adverts - just helpful information about how salt can cause obesity.

Tuesday 1 May 2007

Safety First! - Guardian

Would your child know what to do if a friend was choking, or had fallen off their bike? Lucy Atkins reports on a scheme that takes 10-year-olds into casualty to learn how to avoid accidents and save lives.

Extract:

"The year sixes certainly seem positive after a morning in casualty. "Before today," says Bryony Jones, 11, "if something had happened I'd have been scared to do anything in case it was wrong. Now I think I wouldn't panic - I'd be much more likely to help." Her friend Chloe Ebsworth, 11, agrees. "I learned loads. I didn't know that if someone falls off their bike you don't touch them because their neck or back might be injured. Also, I didn't always wear my helmet before, but I definitely will now."

Imps: 01865 743476, Impsweb.co.uk The Child Accident Prevention Trust: 020 7608 3828, Capt.org.uk

First aid for children

Put your own safety first. If you see an accident, assess the dangers before you act: is the person lying in the road where you could be hit by a car as you go to help? Is there a dog that might bite you?

Call for help very loudly.

If you call 999, talk clearly and loudly, and give your name and location first.

Never use your mobile phone while crossing a road - and always play away from roads and traffic.

If you find a syringe or needle, never touch it: tell a teacher or other adult (and get them to phone the council)."

Seems a very good idea.

And protect your children from obesity by giving them meals with only low salt content. - See http://www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk/children.html

Lose weight by eating less salt! Go on! - Try it! - You will feel so much better!
See my website www.wildeaboutsteroids.co.uk
(The site does not sell anything and has no banners or sponsors or adverts - just helpful information.)

No comments:

Post a Comment